Friday 12 September 2014

Postcard Death - Sonja Benskin Mesher

'Tates- 1' - Ed Arantus
There's a man who comes round maybe every one or two months.
His name is Keith and he used to be a policeman, a detective I think.
He knows I like art and he hands me his old Tate and Royal Academy magazines.
It's the nearest some of us get to a gallery.
Over the past year I've started to cut them up and make more Art.
It seems the way it should be.

I've just sent off one to Sonja Benskin Mesher in Wales.
She's asked for a postcard size artwork 4 x 6 inches based on the theme of Death.
An online “live” archive will record the work and other details of the exhibition as the works come in. Hopefully my offering might make its way into....

A Book about Death
A world wide phenomenon which began in New York with Mathew Rose, artists are invited to create a page in the form of a postcard about death.
The exhibition runs from October 18th to November 15th 2014 at The Royal Cambrian Academy ABAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment